viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2011

A King.

My favorite author is Stephen King (even thought I'm sure I've mencioned it in some other entry before this one).
He is from Portland, USA. and is such a famous writer.
The main themes of his books are terror and suspense.
The first book I read from him was Cujo, the story about a dog who gets the rabies and start killing people. The last victims he kills are Donna, a young and beautiful woman, and her little song Tad.
Then second book I read from him was Four past midnight, a book that compilated short terror tales.

And then, the book that became my favorite (the movie based in the book counts as one of my favorites too), The Shining. This book tells the story of Jack, a man who had problems with the alcohol. He decides to take a job as the winter caretaker on a famous hotel, the Overlook. He has a son, named Danny, who has clairvoyance, and he feels that something bad is going to happen in that hotel.
And so it does, the hotel posseses Jack and tries to make him kill his wife and his son, but in the end, he doesn't gets to do it, thanks to Danny's gift.

Why I like King:
I must admit that I am completely F A S C I N A T E D with the terror that King writes. Because the books not like any horror story, they are complicated, because they have a los of psychology.
Actually, everyone who tries to describe King, mentions that he is the King (as a royal title) of the psycho terror, because the enemy, the monster, the serial killer, the assasin... The fear, it always ends up coming from the mind of the own victim.
This fact captivates me, because is much more hard to get than the normal horror stories, and it can always have more than one solution, depending on the truth of every character in the book.
Also, I like King's books because they are so well maded that I don't need to see a picture, it's possible to get scared just by reading the book, and that's something not any author can make.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario